Saturday, January 10, 2015

It Went Well

Tonight the three of us got together for the first time
After the big fight in mid November.

(I am not counting the ball because there were five of us
plus our dates, and we didn't even all sit at the same table.)

I was nervous, but it actually went very well.

Everything was calm, and we were able to catch up.
I had grieved the loss of the threesome
And then come to accept that it was over,
Then when it wasn't, I was cautious and not sure
I wanted it back. Because it led to the fight.

I still will remember those earlier months pleasantly,
Even though I felt left out at times and
It wasn't as rosy as I like to recall.

I do still miss seeing them both two to three times a week,
Though I still often see the first one I met that much.

We have all changed; we are not the same people we were when we met
And the test is to each stay friends as we each grow and change.

When we were all spending so much time together
None of us were doing devotions regularly like we should have,
And since the change we have all gotten back into that.

It was both sad and good to hear and verbalize these and more changes;
But overall, it definitely went well, and for that I am thankful.


1 comment: