Sunday, January 11, 2015

I Went Myself

Not to church this morning -
I dragged my mother with me to that -
But to the group tonight,
I went all by myself.

Usually I do not like to,
And I was very nervous,
But I can be outgoing and was,
And for that I am proud.

Next week I will go to church alone,
And check out other groups, also by myself.
My one friend went to a Bible study herself too tonight,
To which she did not invite any of us (her friends) to.

I do wish I could have been with my friend too,
Who invited me to watch the Golden Globes.
But I knew I would regret missing this opportunity,
Even though I wish I could have been there too.

I am excited about the opportunities I am creating,
Meeting new people and developing relationships on my own,
Especially in light of the fact that I tend to like to meet others
When I am already with friends I know
And this, meeting others alone, will help me grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment