Monday, January 5, 2015

An Impossible Wish

Recently I read a quote that said loving without getting hurt is an impossible wish.
I really wish it weren't so, but that quote seems to be true.
And no one is exempt. Even two, six, eleven, and fifteen year old girls.
Who have to watch things they should never have to see.
Is there such thing as pure love in this world?
The closest I have seen is a mother's love, but even that creates pain.

Sleep, dear girls, and learn from your elder's mistakes.
You are loved, even if all earthly love fails.
You will always be loved by the one who created you.
Maybe that is the only true love out there.
But it's enough to remind you to love again,
And gives you the strength to carry on.

It's the only way I've been able to love again.
I hope to pass this hope on to you, dear sweet girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment