Saturday, January 3, 2015

I Miss Our Nights

After my brother came home from college the last time,
We used to watch TV together every night.
For a long time it was How I Met Your Mother,
Over and over again, then mixed with other shows.

Then it turned into movie nights when I was teaching,
And in the past couple years it became a mixture
Of new shows that we kept up with,
And some movies and reruns.

We would drink and get food,
Talk and watch on the TV in the basement.

But now his work schedule is crazy,
And for over a year it has not been the same.
Every night turned into most nights,
Then slowly most nights turned into a few,
Until it became where it is now: hardly ever.

I know we are both busy,
And I always knew it would pass.
That's why I just enjoyed every minute of it
And made the most of it while I could.

I do not regret our many nights,
And since then I have spent more nights out with friends.
But sometimes I really miss our nights,
When we would just get together and hang out.


No comments:

Post a Comment