Thursday, January 8, 2015

I Hurt My Back

I'm not sure why, but on Sunday my lower back started hurting.
It hasn't gotten significantly better, and at times it has gotten worse.
It has all the symptoms of a pinched nerve,
And I've started trying the home remedies to relieve it.

But today it got the best of me,
And I laid in bed with the heating pad
For most of the day.
Then it felt better until I coughed.

I really don't know what I am going to do.
I have to work tomorrow
And I really don't have insurance or the money
To go see my doctor.

It seriously hurt to walk at times today,
And I am not sure how long it will last.
This kind of rules out my plans tomorrow
Of going salsa dancing with a friend.

At least it gives me perspective
On those who live with chronic pain.
And makes me feel like I have been blessed,
Even with all the emotional crap I've had.


No comments:

Post a Comment