Thursday, December 25, 2014

This Christmas Day

My dad decided to vary the routine this year,
So gift opening has been scattered throughout the day.
Two stocking presents, breakfast, rest of the stockings,
Some big gifts, a family meal with two guests.

They also want to go see a movie today.
I don't, because I was invited to go to a movie with my friends.
But I cannot say no to my family without being a jerk.
So I will end up having to cancel with my friends.

I know Christmas is supposed to be a family day,
And every other year it has been.
But now I am finished with my friends' gifts,
And I really want to go do something,
And see people I love outside the family too.

I like all my presents so far.
We will open the rest after the movie.
I will do the scattered present opening
Only because my dad requested it.

All in all, it's a weird and restless Christmas,
With obligation to stay with my immediate family,
Except my sister and brother-in-law who live out of state.
With how I really feel being a not-so-secret secret.

Update: It ended up that my brother could not go,
So we did not do a family movie.
I went out with my friends :)
And we opened the last big presents when I got back.


No comments:

Post a Comment