Sunday, December 28, 2014

I Don't Know How I Feel

A night out with friends,
A Mayflower, Fireball, and 1 and 1/2 Long Islands,
A restaurant and bar,
Some drunken texts,
Night spent at a friend's.

Not how I pictured last night going,
With fun followed by sleepiness,
A restless night with the cat,
An upset stomach because of the damn fireball (which I am not having again!),
And memories coming back to me.

I am not sure how I feel about all this,
About how drunk I was and what all I said,
About my hangover and the fact that I was close to being blackout drunk.
But it happened and I lived.
We are all still friends (as far as I know),
And it was a blowout way to end my after-Christmas Fun
Before I go back to work tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. The thing is, it's common to have those shame-filled embarrassing nights.
    Another friend had it last weekend.
    It doesn't make it good,
    But it happened to me and I survived.

    ReplyDelete