Monday, December 22, 2014

Party Like the Holidays

When all else fails, 
Hanging with long time friends 
Is a recipe for cheer.

On Saturday night two of my best friends,
One being my best best friend and the other a newer one,
Went to a party at another one of my old time friends' home.

We ate, we played, we danced.
We had our annual white elephant gift exchange.
The bird my friend named showed its presence again, 
And the shorts I received are making a comeback next year.

It was super fun,
And I showed the one that I can have a good time at a party
That does not include alcohol in any form
(Because she seriously didn't believe me when I told her I could have fun without alcohol)

My grieving friend had fun relief for a night,
And the other was introduced to a whole new world of friends.
Which I am honestly conflicted of,
But she has shared her friends, and it's not like I own mine.

Finally in the festive mood,
Though different than in years past.
With my schedule so busy 
I am glad for time off work coming up!


No comments:

Post a Comment