Tuesday, December 27, 2022

I'm Uncomfortable With My Selfishness

I'm uncomfortable with my selfishness - 
Which has been present all my life.
In a way it's not bad; it helps people to survive.
But it doesn't help people become who they are meant to be.
Who God made us to be.

I hate trivia games, and honestly do not enjoy them with anyone -
Because I am not good at them and so I don't like them.
My mom is not good either, but she values family
So she plays them without complaining.
Even when Andrew makes fun of her.

I don't mind it with friends,
Like my mom doesn't with family.
Since I didn't have friends for so long,
I crave them so much - that I do unhealthy things.
That is selfishness on my end.

I am trying to love my family,
But I don't know what's healthy as a whole
And what I need to do to maintain healthy boundaries.
And now my family scheduled an escape room game
At the same time as my therapy this week.

I only have it, at best, every other week now.
I pay out of my pocket, since they dropped my insurance.
I will call and see if I can reschedule - but should I?
I mean I will, Lord Jesus You can heal me like no other.
Please heal me.





No comments:

Post a Comment