Monday, September 20, 2021

She Would Not Be There For Me

She would not be there for me when I need someone - 
My therapist flat out, blatantly told me that.
And then asked if she was being too blunt, too forward.
No, no she was not. I'm glad she spoke the truth.

I always knew this at my core. 
I only pretended otherwise.
I hoped otherwise.
I hope that hope will be reformed to painless acceptance that she won't.

May I still love her - but with loving boundaries.
May I still care about her, but only how God wants me to.
May I still love my other friends, even the one who seems to be back again,
Because I think she's afraid of her relationship ending.

They fight a lot. They have for a long time - all this year for sure.
I'm glad they are comfortable in front of me, but it's awkward.
At least this friend would try to be there for me.
I really like them both. I don't want things to change.

All our lives are a phase, no matter how long we live.
There is hope in the world, as long as God is here.
Where are You, God?
What is Your plan for all of our lives?



No comments:

Post a Comment