Friday, September 3, 2021

I Don't Regret Crying

I don't regret crying in front of him,
In front of my father, who I don't talk to often enough.
He's logical and also very wise,
Understanding and listening while having a good ear.

I cried tonight, the first time I explained my abuse to him,
Which he brought up, caring even though questioning.
It wasn't him, or any of my family,
And in that there is comfort.

There is truth in that the sins of one generation
Will haunt the next, and so on,
Until someone, somehow breaks it.
Some can only be broken by God Almighty.

We are all broken, in some way or another.
What we do with what we've been through is what matters - 
Kids are innocent, but when they grow up they have to deal with shit.
Do you hold on, or do you let it go, flowing into the One who made you?



No comments:

Post a Comment