Monday, June 24, 2019

There's Something I Don't Like About Him

There's always been something I didn't like about my friend's BF -
It was always very subtle, and I wasn't sure it wasn't just my jealousy,
Because she has in most ways cut me out, and there has been so much hurt,
But now I think there is actually something there - but it is still very faint.

He doesn't treasure her, based on his comment tonight,
Of how she can just take uber instead of getting a ride to the airport,
It was about tone as much or more than the words.
And it sounded like he encouraged the change in plans.

I used to think he did not keep her from her friends,
Based on the texts he sent to her that she showed us,
But now I am not so sure about that.
She would pick up on undertones that he would communicate to her.

The ones before ended it, in actions if not in words.
But this one enjoys her devotion of him, that she is older,
And does not realize that this is born out of her insecurity,
And her fear that she will not get what she wants - marriage and kids.

He does not know this,
But I wonder when he will figure it out,
As she keeps certain things about herself hidden,
And hasn't let herself completely open to anybody yet.

This is not a healthy relationship, on her part and his too.
In that way, they may be like each other, but it is not good.
They should help each other be better people,
And encourage each other to grow and develop.

I cannot say anything to her - this is the first time
I am openly admitting that I am not sure they are good together,
As this is the first time I have connected any reasons,
Other than the very subtle dislike I've always felt.

I am sensitive like that.
But the problem is, I cannot fix it or make it better.
As it is I have to make sure she does not use me as I have let her before,
And I am very much out of the loop of her life.

I love her dearly, I always have, even though her BF and I never connected.
She was very sweet at times this past Saturday to me,
Even in her utter selfishness and while she was with him.
May I never forget those sweet times.

She knows how to butter him up, and strokes his fragile ego,
And in some ways they are good together -
He is naturally sweet, and she is not.
And previously I have told her I liked them together.

I can't not support her now - but how do I support her and yet be honest?
If it comes up I can only mention truth, layered in kindness,
But I am not sure how well that will be received.
She has said he takes care of her so well.

Her whole family likes him,
And she is about to meet his.
I am a friend whose opinion now means basically nothing,
Especially as I am not even sure if he likes me.

I will continually pray for her,
And for God's will to be done.
Maybe this is the way He will reach her?
That is all that truly matters to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment