Monday, June 3, 2019

Dinner with Another Friend

Tonight I had dinner with another friend -
Another acquaintance, who sits by the first one at work,
Who does not like the one I had dinner with earlier this year,
But who plays some of the same games, only better.

It was actually nice to catch up, as we do have good memories together,
But I did not like when she implied things about another friend,
Practically accusing her of things - only to cause discord.
I know my people - and I am very loyal to them, not to her.

She has tried this with another friend, but I talked to her
And she got mad about what this girl said to me.
But I fear this girl will keep trying, keep trying until she drives an edge,
And she is so clever, so smart, that it is harder to catch than anyone I've known.

I will continue to communicate with mutual friends -
But I will not try to control them, despite my fears -
My fears that they will turn away from me, that they will believe her lies,
That some way she will get in-between us all.

Even though the one friend just yesterday said she is done with her.
This girl will not let go so easily, I have learned tonight.
At least one of my friends saw through her completely,
And for that I am very thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment