Tuesday, June 25, 2019

There is Still Kindness in This World

A few weeks ago I got a new cube mate across from me.
She's not new to the company but new to the location.
She is technically in a different department,
Working directly for the C.O.O,
But she is smack dab in the middle of my department,
So I am going to consider her one of mine at work.

Anyways, she is very nice and quiet and sweet.
She is soft spoken to the point sometimes it's hard to hear her,
But though she is quiet she has been quite initiative.
She is actually a really good friend of a really good friend
Of one of MY really good friends,
So we had heard good things about each other before we met.

When the internet went down (not good for most of our business),
She decided to take a lunch, and offered to grab me something.
I initially declined, but when she asked what I had for lunch
I had to admit I didn't have anything (I didn't have time to grab any).
So she asked what I wanted and when she came back
I asked how much I owed her, and she said I owed her nothing.

I know it's a small thing, but the small things really do matter.
It was also seriously one of the best tasting foods I've ever had,
Because it was such a sweet gesture, and gifts are a language I speak well.
Today started out rough, but I am very thankful for this that reminds me
There is Still Kindness in This World.


No comments:

Post a Comment