Friday, June 21, 2019

Friends Come in All Shapes and Sizes

From my beloved kitty cat (who bit me last night - but accidentally)
To my deepest friends, who open themselves to almost no one,
Friends come in all shapes and sizes.

I have six actual friends - it used to be seven,
But the seventh one wasn't really a friend.
Now I have six, and six is enough for now.

To the one who I've been friends with since we were ten -
We share a connection that is unique to us -
And we had such fun at the wedding three weekends ago,
Laughing and talking, like no time had passed.
She is my first and best BFF, no matter what.

To the one I didn't like at first, when I met her,
She has proven to be loyal and caring,
Despite her arrogant and snobby shell,
Though she now has a boyfriend,
Bringing out her selfishness times ten.
I still count her as my friend.

To the one I met through her,
Her supposed BFF and sister.
She liked me first but I liked her too,
And though I don't know her as well,
I hope to someday, as she's loyal and true,
Despite her uneasiness of getting close to another.

To the one who I met only because of the former friend,
The deepest one of them all,
I treasure her words and her stories,
Her strength and her soul, her will to move on.
She can teach me a lot about letting go.
She's one of a kind and here on earth for a reason,
That miracle baby who was born not breathing.

To the one who used to live next door,
I'm glad she got out, as it was haunted.
I just had vacation with her and we bonded
Even more than before,
As we both have OCD and get parts of each other
That nobody else does.

To my latest and yet sweetest friend,
I am so glad I met her.
She was right to get out from her former job,
Where we used to be coworkers,
But we will keep in touch always.

All these friends make an impact in my life,
And I thank God for them everyday.





No comments:

Post a Comment