Saturday, January 5, 2019

Today I Went Out

Today I went out with a friend of a friend
Who surprisingly invited me,
As we are not really friends individually,
And have only been in groups
When our mutual friend has invited the both of us.

It was a good time, meeting at a winery,
And at this time I remember all of their names.
There were seven of us in total,
So I met five new people.

For wanting to meet new people this year,
This was a really good start.
They didn't all know each other,
So I was not the only one on the out.

I am thankful for the invite.
Though I have no idea if there will be more in the future,
But it was an enjoyable time,
No matter how uncomfortable new situations are.

As we all have something in common -
This one person we know and enjoy.
Plus four of us were education majors,
Though only one of us (not me) still teaches.

All in all, it was well worth it
To go out and socialize,
And get out of my comfort zone,
And one of them lives very near me.

All in all, it was well worth the trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment