Tuesday, January 1, 2019

This is the Year

This is the year of 2019.
Happy New Year.
There is something about a new beginning
That gives hope,
Even when it's starting out tumultuous.

This is the year I have to let go.
Especially of my friend who is dating,
And who is no longer the single person I used to hang out with a lot.
This is the year I truly become happy for her,
And for all my other friends in their own endeavors.

This is the year I need to find appreciation
In everything in life -
My job, for which I am thankful to have,
My home - especially my room - which is warm and dry,
My family, who care even when they suffocate me,
My friends, who are like family to me.

This is the year I hope to fully bond with my cat,
Who came almost a year ago after my previous one passed.
And while we have definitely bonded to a degree,
This is hopefully the year she becomes all mine.

This is the year I really do have to make new friends,
To broaden my circle,
Because I absolutely have to
In order to survive,
Even if I only make two friends or four friends.
Especially if the few friends are quality friends,
As that is really what I am looking for, quality and not quantity.

This is the year I get back to doing devotions,
Because again I absolutely have to,
In order to survive,
Even more than I need to make new friends.

This is the year I bleed but not die,
This is the year I will cry but will survive,
Even if it kills me.


No comments:

Post a Comment