Tuesday, August 30, 2022

She Lied To Me

She lied to me - 
The One Who Knows Me Better & Less,
In her timeline of getting together with 
Her current partner, for better or for worse.

The One Who Should Know Me Better 
Is not all wrong, as I figured.
But I didn't expect or want the betrayal.
Still, we will get over it.

She hid him in her heart,
For fear of it not being real.
She just wants to find happiness,
When for so many years she's been living by a lie.

My gut feeling when she told me about him 
Was that she was playing catch up,
And I had a very strong uneasy gut feeling. 
After all, she is also just human. 

I remember feeling thankful she filled me in,
And for all she has told me, 
As she doesn't trust anyone.
And she has volunteered what she has told me.

That doesn't mean I always helped,
As I said things that didn't make it easy to respond.
I always want the truth,
But sometimes the truth is just plain hard. 

She lied to me in a very superfluous thing;
She reminded me of my cousins years ago,
Who started telling me the true story and got scared
And then changed the ending. 

I forgive her for that, even though she did not ask; 
She doesn't even know I know,
But she is quite sensitive and though I want to see the best,
I more want to know the truth.

Can you truly love someone without knowing who they are?
I hope we always stay friends.
We have both been through unspeakable things.
May we always find each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment