Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The Pandemic Has Hit

I still grieve my grandmother's death this past fall,
But boy am I glad she is not here for the things of this year -
First, my father's almost heart attack (he's doing fine now),
And now, the Coronavirus COVID-19.

While most people I personally know have not panicked -
Thankfully, because panicking is not the answer -
There are reasons to take precautions.
And today has been a day of headlines.

Each state in this great country seems to be able to do what they want.
The governor of my beloved state has given cautions,
And plans to release more details as early as tomorrow.
The Arnold has been partially canceled - which is unprecedented.

The NBA has suspended the entire season,
And the NCAA is flat out giving up millions of dollars
By not letting any spectators in for their sports games.
The WHO (World Health Organization) has declared it a pandemic.

The country of Italy is on lock down.
In the US College and Universities have gone online,
And just tonight the president announced that
All flights from Europe, starting Friday, are suspended for 30 days.

What an interesting time to live!
And I do hope this country does not have it so bad,
After being given fair warning and trying to stabilize it.
Who knows what will happen? Only God.


No comments:

Post a Comment