Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The New Normal

Get up, still shower, get to work (at home).
I enjoy not having drive time,
With the exception of two mornings a week,
Because I have to go in and print and put documents together.

This morning I saw my boss, and it is her birthday.
We (each of us in the department - all 12 of us)  texted her
Birthday wishes throughout the day, at specific times.
I really hope she liked what we planned and did.

After work, I log off, and start my evening.
Zoom with my Tuesday night group,
Facebook message calling for friend happy hour,
Virtual dinners while catching up with life.

At least I live with my family,
At least I have my brother,
On top of my mother and father.
I am actually thankful to not live alone.

We have texted, we have called,
But it is still not the same.
I get it, I comply (enough),
Though I wonder when and if it will end.

Several of my friends already have had
And will continue to have birthdays
During this quarantine.
Including me.

Two of my good friends are nurses,
And I pray they stay in good health.
Most of us are primarily working from home.
May God have mercy on us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment