Wednesday, March 25, 2020

The Last Weekend

The Last Weekend before COVID-19 took over,
Before all the bars and restaurants closed,
I went out with a couple friends,
And my brother, who hardly ever comes out.

We just knew it would be our last time out until who-knows-when,
So we celebrated both Friday and Saturday nights,
And it hasn't even been a full two weeks and I miss them.
I miss all my other friends too.

We have used zoom and facebook message calling,
But it's not the same as an in person hug,
And our many texts are not the same
As even one quality conversation in person.

Except for my health care professional working friends,
Almost everyone is working from home,
And I pray that they all stay safe and well,
Especially my friends out in the field.

I don't know when this will be over,
But I know that for many, cabin fever will get bad,
And even I have wondered what freedoms will continue,
After this is all said and done.

We are all living in history,
And while I was a teenager during 9/11,
I am an adult now.
And I know that there is still only One who can fully be trusted.


No comments:

Post a Comment