Monday, May 6, 2019

When You Work With A Victim

And by victim, I mean victim mentality,
Of which too many people encompass.
And one of them I have to deal with almost every day,
The only one who does the same job I do.

For a long time she had been cherry picking files,
Until finally our boss assigned us evens (her) and odds (me).
Now I am so far ahead of her that I have to help her catch up.
While she pretends to be nice and sweet and kisses butt.

She's gotten in trouble this year, for old files undone,
The unpleasant ones no one wants to do -
And for hoarding policies and statements in her drawer,
Which it appears caused her to be written up.

She spent the first twenty minutes this morning shopping on her phone,
And constantly is away from her desk
When she is not on her phone shopping, texting, or watching videos -
Another coworker sees everything she does as he faces her each day.

The reason I say victim is because of her reaction -
Nothing is ever her fault, the universe is just out to get her.
She's a single mom and uses that when it fits,
Such as why she cannot guarantee to get to work on time.

I hate the games and refuse to play, even when she kisses my butt.
It's really just annoying at that point - I have caught her in too many lies.
She even brought her daughter in last week to reinforce her position,
And everyday everything is about her and her excuses.

But each day I deal with it, as one has to,
And a part of me feels for her, knows I need to love her,
But I have no respect for the games or excuses,
Which plague every victim I have ever known.


No comments:

Post a Comment