Saturday, February 23, 2019

It Was a Collage

Before I ever had this blog,
Before I graduated from college,
A long time ago,
When I was eighteen,

I almost died in a car accident.
It was the first time my life flashed before my eyes,
And it was a collage, not a scene by scene.
But God saved my life.

It was in college, on the way to a field experience,
By a driver who notoriously drove recklessly,
But it was a way we got to our classes,
And us freshman had no choice in the matter.

I don't want to ever again be in a Christian bubble,
But I am always belonging to God,
For churches and religion are not my thing,
But God, and Jesus who rules this Earth, are omnipotent.

And regardless of what happens,
May everyone know,
God is the only one who matters,
The only one who makes lives better.



No comments:

Post a Comment