Saturday, February 14, 2015

Maybe It Wasn't Meant to be Beautiful

Last night I went out with a group of 11 women
Had dinner, then saw the movie 50 Shades of Grey.
I would not mention it on facebook, and
Didn't even tell my family until afterwards (when they asked),
Because of all the criticism and outward bashing
Of everyone who goes to see the movie.

I was far too sober for the movie.
The acting and writing was painful to watch,
And I only followed the story because I had
Already read a detailed synopsis online.
(I got the book to read but didn't have time to read it.)

I only knew 4 out of the 10 others there,
And I was really far too sober for the night.
I was not happy most of the time. So many reasons.
I had a nice time at the end, after the movie, but was it worth it?

Well, I don't know, but I would've gone anyways because
It is better to know than to sit and wonder.
And throughout the whole night, I kept thinking,
This stuff? Maybe it wasn't meant to be beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment