Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Disconnect

Quite honestly, I have envied the idea of close sisters.
My mom always said wished she had a sister,
Until she had us.
(Which is, quite frankly, an insult.)

But though I have most of my life had a sister,
We have never really thoroughly connected.
We were interested in different things,
And we really don't connect in anything else.

I wish we did, I really do.
I am closest to my brother
And have more fun with my best friend.
But nothing is like a sister.

And now she is getting married in the fall.
I was there the weekend she met the guy,
And I remember her boy-crazy sprint in high school
Where she dumped all this drama onto me.
(Not that I regret being there for her,
But I just could not relate.)

But I realize, when reading other peoples' stories,
That I still wish I could be close to her.
I tried in college, but it didn't work.
I annoy her, she annoys me.
We are two people who have lived in the same house,
But things have always been somewhat awkward.


No comments:

Post a Comment