Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Disney Dumbing Down

I've spent a good portion of this year watching Disney.
It happens when you are a nanny to kids ages 3-10.

I remember Hannah Montana, and thought it was okay.
Phil of the Future and That's So Raven - tolerable.
But the shows now? Like A.N.T. Farm,
Shake it Up, and Austin and Ally?
Can't stand them. They are so dumb.

I realize I am not the target market age.
I realize that they are not made for my level.
But seriously - when I was 13 Britney Spears
and Vitamin C were on Disney Channel.
They were showing re-runs of  Boy Meets World
And came out with Lizzie McGuire.

Compare those shows to now -
It's a fact that the substance of the shows are different.
Maybe it's a reaction to complaints,
Or the fact that younger viewers are watching.
But the logical, cogent facts are there -
The shows have been dumbed down.

And it really annoys me.


No comments:

Post a Comment