Saturday, September 10, 2022

They Both Gave Me End Tables

When my smartest (& least loyal) friend moved last year,
She gave me her coffee table and end table.
She actually got new ones before she moved,
And gave them to me as she was sifting through things.
The were both lightweight.

Now my friend who knows me less (& also who knows me better) is moving,
And tonight she gave me her coffee table and end table.
She is not yet moved, but wanted to gift and not sell them.
She was gifted them and is sensitive to make sure she doesn't use anyone.
They were both lightweight.

A year apart my two friends, the two I have the deepest connection with,
The two I have felt The One Who Made Everything wanted to be in my life,
Have both, through very different circumstances, gifted me the same things.
As one of them said on our weekend trip to Put-In-Bay,
"You have two people who know you and love you."





No comments:

Post a Comment