Saturday, January 29, 2022

Some People are Mediators

Some people are mediators,
Like my brother,
Who I was initially unsure about,
But who has been the first best thing that happened to me.

He has always loved me;
Looking back, I even sensed that as a child.
And as an adult, he was the first person who let me *be* broken.
The first person who let me feel broken in his presence.

There are others who helped, and who have let me be me as far as they know;
My middle school history teacher, Mrs. Bonnie Russell - she always loved us all.
Mr. Steven Mark Pilling, who taught me that what you put online remains forever - 
Mr. Kermit Welty - my mentor, who taught me more than I can say.

But they did not know the whole truth,
And for various reasons I did not feel it - I do know that is on me.
As one of my close friends said the other night, "I am Broken."
There is such power in honesty. 

I too am broken, and I don't know how to mend.
It's not so simple as "believe in this, believe in that."
Not one thing I have encountered can make you whole again - 
Except The One Who Made Everything.

But I am going to be honest, I have not fully seen it yet.
I wholly believe in The One Who Made Everything - 
And I know 100% that He (not really a "He") exists - 
But there are so many uncertainties.



No comments:

Post a Comment