Saturday, December 18, 2021

The Story of Baby Yoda

The baby Yoda soft stuffed bodied animal
Seems to be a friend's favorite gift.
But it almost didn't happen.

It was seen by chance in Target,
Out of place and seemingly random.
I almost didn't grab it.

I had just realized I needed to stop spending money,
In one of the slap you in the face ways,
And even thought that as I picked it up.

The feeling that I should get it didn't go away.
At the time, I thought it was for a friend's kid.
Now I know that it was for someone very specific.

It sat in a pile for the friend's kid for all this time,
With it only once really hitting me that maybe it should be for my friend.
But when my brother chose gifts, it was the first one he chose for her.

Tonight he said he had a feeling about it.
I'm so glad he did.
May it be a love song from Him to her.



No comments:

Post a Comment