Friday, July 23, 2021

The Truth About the Core

We don't consciously know what's in our core,
But it comes out at various times,
All the hurt, all the anger, 
All our hopes and all our dreams.

Only God knows the full truth, 
But sometimes we see glimpses of it.
Sometimes it's hopeful,
And sometimes it's mean.

It does not change the value of anyone,
Or the significance,
But it does affect the person's life,
In so many unspoken ways.

I'm angry at my smartest friend,
I'm angry at The One Who Should Know Me Better,
But really I have to face the One I am truly mad at - 
The One Who Lets Bad Things Happen.

He's also the author of All Things Good,
But one has to face the bad things in this world,
In order to truly live,
In order to know the One Who Made Everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment