Tuesday, May 11, 2021

We All Fall Down

I knew I shouldn't have let her in,
I knew I would get hurt.
For as fun and friendly as she is,
She is extremely selfish at her core. 

She used me,
She used him,
She used us.
She uses people.

Yes, she was down and broken,
But she didn't have to ditch us.
Oh, yes she is still my friend,
But not "loyal" like she said she is.

I know she learned early on
That she could only rely on herself,
But she looks for love in all the wrong places,
Even when she doesn't have to.

In the end, if nothing changes, 
She will be the miserable one.
She thinks she is more healed than she actually is,
Caught in a miserable cycle of suffering.

My mother thinks she was here for me,
But she was always against it being more.
Yes, there were some good influences,
But she herself is falling down too.

I'm thankful for every wall I did not let down,
I'm thankful for every damn he kept up.
For when everything came crashing down,
We all fell down.



No comments:

Post a Comment