Sunday, May 31, 2020

R.I.P. The World

The apologist Ravi Zacharias died less than two weeks ago,
The world has been hit by COVID-19,
And if not that, then all the repercussions from that.
And now, there are riots and looting.

My own city has been hit, as has been the case across the States.
This is the first time I remember the National Guard being called in.
The racial injustice is real - but the looting and rioting?
That has been mostly instigated by white people, from what I have seen and heard.

Peaceful protesting is one thing; rioting and looting another.
I remain silent on the ever present facebook,
Though I comment sometimes on other platforms.
Most of the time, it's not worth it to say anything.

I have family where this all started,
And the destruction is unjustified -
It only dismantles the real victims' voices,
And drowns out the cries of those who are wronged.

The only hope I know in this world, is that of the Creator -
Who said such prophetic words in Habakkuk 1:5.
Is this the beginning of the end?
Only God knows, and only God saves.


No comments:

Post a Comment