Thursday, August 22, 2019

People are People

People are sweet,
Like my one friend who texts me everyday.
It's fun right now, and I'll take it while it lasts.

People are kind,
Sometimes lending an ear,
And giving back love,
Like my one friend a few weeks ago,
During a night I'll never forget.

People are flighty,
Like one of my cube mates,
Who goes in all directions,
With such a fun personality.
I'll just learn to love her for who she is.

People are tough,
Like my boss,
When she is having to make tough decisions.

People are selfish,
Like one of my coworkers,
Who only thinks about herself,
And expects others to cater to her.

People are depressing,
And depression runs rampant,
Which a couple of my friends have struggled with recently.
And even myself, at various times in my life.

People are disgusting,
In the way they live
And treat others,
It's all over the media,
And in mundane life for those who notice.

People are intelligent,
Like the attorney on my team,
Who not only knows his job,
But is expert at dealing with people.

People are creative,
Just ask all the artists, storytellers,
And anyone who uses this gift.

People are elusive,
Even when they're you're friend,
Having a hard time letting others in.

People are People,
With every emotion and attribute under the sun,
Contradicting themselves,
As multiple attributes merge together.

People are complicated.
And ultimately,
Through choice after choice,
People decide which kind of People they will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment