Tuesday, August 6, 2019

People Are Not Just One Thing

There are many sides to every individual,
And last night, at our last volleyball game,
I got to see one of my friend's boyfriend's different sides.
And unlike the last time, he was not snippy or sharp
But was actually jovial and fun.

No one deserves to be judged on just one mood -
So though my previous encounter was accurate for that night,
And it's true he's not interested in making friends here,
It does not wholly define him,
And he now does not seemed imposed to getting to know me.

I don't know what the future holds,
But I know that in the past few weeks
As I've gotten to know him better as a person,
He can be kind and sweet, patient and laid back,
Not just anxious and moody but also funny and inclusive.


No comments:

Post a Comment