Saturday, March 9, 2019

Friday Night Drama

I didn't even want to go last night -
It was my friend, her boyfriend,
Her aunt and her uncle,
So I was the odd one out.

But they picked me up from work,
And on to the concert we went.
It's my favorite Irish band - Scythian.
We had been planning to go since the summer.

Things have been awkward between me and this friend -
At least on my end.
I backed off after I realized she was knowingly being selfish,
And in the last two weeks she has done all the initiating.

But things were pretty good - like old times.
She made sure she knew where I was all night,
And made sure to include me in conversations,
Which tells me she still really cares.

Then I saw that a former friend was also there -
And I ran into her early, in the bathroom.
Then at the end she bombarded me at the bar,
Before moving on to bombard my friend.

We used to all be friends, once upon a time.
And the boyfriend is still friends with her -
It's how they initially met.
But life happens and we have all changed.

Now this once friend wants to get together -
And given my Dinner with a Friend
(Who was also a former friend and now they are friends again),
I don't know what to do.

My only take away from this night of weirdness,
Is to not trust anyone and still hold back,
And to love everyone without expecting
Any of them to love me back.



No comments:

Post a Comment