Saturday, April 21, 2018

It's Sad All Around

When friendships change,
When friendships end,
It's sad all around.

Once super close,
It started unraveling over a year ago,
And now we hardly talk,
And it's sad all around.

Things came to a head last summer,
I backed off,
It's sad all around.

We started doing better in the fall,
We were still dealing with issues,
But we still saw each other,
And now it's sad all around.

Last time we texted was Easter.
It's awkward and I don't know what to say.
It's awkward and she doesn't know what to say.
It's just really sad all around.

Maybe we can recover,
Maybe we can still be friends,
Hopefully it does not completely end.
That would be extremely sad all around.

I do not know the future,
I have not cut her out,
Regardless of if she cuts me out.
It would be extremely sad all around.

I just know that I will survive regardless.
There's hurt on both sides,
No matter how you look at it,
It is simply sad all around.



No comments:

Post a Comment