Friday, October 3, 2014

When Helping Annoys

So lately I've been unclear about my future job-wise.
I do love the family I'm with,
And I am not immediately planning to depart,
But the boy is getting older and eventually
I will no longer be needed.

The problem is that my degree is in education,
And I don't want to do that anymore.
And then people, probably with good intentions,
Spout off other jobs that I should try.

I want out of childcare; I know that.
I don't like administration: I also know this.
I need a full time job: This is for sure.
I do not want to work at a church: No I really do not.

It doesn't matter how helpful these friends,
Acquaintances, and even my hairstylist
Intends to be.
There are some clear lines I've drawn for myself
And no matter how much you tell me I'd be good at it
There are some things I know I just do not want to do.

So, I move on, in my in-between job,
Looking for full time placements.
You know, like at a bank
Or the government,
Where I can work my day job
And do my passion (writing) on the side.


No comments:

Post a Comment