Thursday, June 5, 2014

Why I Wish This Summer Away

Normally I absolutely love summer,
And I still like the sun and warmth,
But there are reasons why this year,
I want the summer to be over and done with.


  1. I have a horrible ear infection. So horrible, in fact, that one of my eardrums burst. And it will take a couple months to completely heal, getting my full hearing back.
  2. I am a nanny. As such, I do not get the summers off. In fact, I have more work in the summer because the girls are home. And I lose my precious nap time.
  3. Girl Meets World starts on June 27. I know this is not at the end of summer, but by the end there will have been quite a few episodes that have aired, and I will (hopefully) be in the midst of enjoying the sequel to my all-time favorite show.
  4. American Girl is relaunching it's historical line, called Beforever, on August 28. Can't wait to see what they have in store.
  5. I will be working all summer, without vacation, but early next year my best friend and I are planning on taking a best friends trip. So once the summer's over, it will be a succession of holidays leading up to a sweet vacation to Disney.

See, I  have my reasons. And all I needed was one.



No comments:

Post a Comment