Sunday, June 8, 2014

It Was My Fault Too

I know I've posted about my sister before on this blog,
And I want to amend my previous post.

Part of the reason for our lack of closeness is me.
I have a dominant personality, and will freely defend myself.
My sister has a quiet, introverted personality,
And will clam up in contending situations.

My brother and I both demanded what we wanted.
My sister didn't give the effort.
But that didn't mean she didn't want it.

As a kid I didn't understand this,
And as a young adult I've often thought that this is her problem.

But what if the roll of dice had been reversed,
And I was the quiet introverted one,
And she was the dominant go-getter?

It is not so easy to sharply judge,
When we truly put ourselves in the other's situation.

It is true that we will never be super close,
As our personalities just do not click like that.
But I can appreciate her for who she is,
And stop laying all the blame on her shoulders.


No comments:

Post a Comment