Thursday, October 19, 2023

A Fun in the Fall No Drama Trip

This past weekend I went on a trip with two friends,
Who I've never traveled with before. 
I was so nervous, not because of anything specific,
But just because it was such an unknown.

It was the first time I've traveled with people
Where none of us like to be the center of attention.
We were a we and not an I or we centering around someone.
Even though we are all very different women.

One of my friends - the one whose birthday trip it was - 
Even showed us the menus to make sure there was something we each liked,
The night she got a craving for German food.
Before we went - to see if we were also okay with going (we were).

It was her birthday trip, and it wasn't just about her.
They have a history I do not with them, and yet even when they referenced things,
I did not feel left out. 
Such is how I felt with them (I haven't with other friends).

When we went to the pumpkin patch, the birthday girl
Asked if we were okay going on the hayride 
(Which of course, yes!).
It was more fun in the fall than I've had in years.

I hope we all remain friends for life.
I will say, I would not have had space for 
The birthday girl if I was still friends with
The One Who Should Know Me Better.

It is something I am still reflecting on. 






No comments:

Post a Comment