Friday, January 27, 2023

Please Help Me

"Please help me," I say often,
In a little girls voice in my head.
Sometimes it's my adult voice too.
But I don't where I end and You, God, begins.

I don't know boundaries.
I am trying, but how hard?
I feel like if I just try harder it will happen.
Is that a lie too?

Please help me in the messages I get,
In every message I receive.
I am far too influenceable. 
I need You to filter things into me.

I still want to know things;
This doesn't take away my will.
I want to know the good and the bad,
But Jesus, I want You there with me.

Please show me everything. 
In Your time, because I trust You.
Help me to trust You.
I don't truly trust anyone, but I do You.

Because You know why.
I still question if I am looking for something
That is not there.
I know I am broken.

This is where I am right now.
This is how I feel.
Am I wrong to expect something from You, Jesus?
Even in the word game You are the Messiah.

Jesus, as I have prayed before,
I don't know now.
I have prayed so many things.
Please let the world know Your goodness.



1 comment:

  1. *Holiness.. Holiness is where is love comes from, and I did not know that before this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete