Friday, October 28, 2022

She Tried To Teach Me

My mother taught me so much,
Including about abuse - 
Physical, sexual, everything she knew -
She protected me in every way she knew how.

That didn't stop what happened,
Though she wanted it to.
She protected me from so much -
And I hope she knows how valuable she is.

Every time I talk to her, she seems to take things personally,
Like the young woman who is living with us,
We are all sensitive, and yet we can't seem to find a way to communicate.
You have used Oprah - You can use anyone and anything.

I learned that from my mother.
I am more thankful than she knows,
I have been more hurt than she would have ever wanted,
And yet here I am - in You, God. 

You are the only One who matters.
She DID teach me that. 
So this post is dedicated to my mother,
Who You gave me - Thank You.



No comments:

Post a Comment