Thursday, May 26, 2022

Perspective

Tonight I went out with my brother and a friend,
And she gave me a bag of birthday gifts.
Which I forgot. At the bar.
At least I got the bracelet, because I put it on.

I am so mad at myself. 
I called them I think 7 times. 
No one picked up.
I left a voicemail. 

It wasn't busy when we left;
I can only pray it was found by staff,
Who will hold it for the person to whom it belongs.
I don't trust people. But I know God will use any outcome.

It was raining, a dreary day.
It started off rough, where I accidentally
Texted in a group text about tonight.
Only one of the friends was invited.

I do not feel bad about seeing the other friend without her,
But I did feel bad about the text. 
She figured it out, I'm sure.
But I am not responsible for her happiness.

My mom reminded me to put it in perspective -
(I may have wanted to drive back there to see if I could get it.)
In the end, it is only material things - 
(But it is special because of who gave it to me!)

But they are material things that can be replaced.
Even though it will be embarrassing
Since I don't know the brands of any of it,
So I would have to ask her for it and pay.

And I don't want her to feel disappointed in me
(That will be inevitable, but still, plenty of time for that!)
In the end, people are more important than things.
I was focused on them, not the gifts, as I left.

In the end, presence means more to me than material things.





1 comment:

  1. Update: They found it and I picked it up today! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete