Friday, March 4, 2022

What My Sister Said

My sister, who is so very different than me,
But yet so much smarter (which she doesn't care),
Even though she's younger than me
(Age is all I used to have!):

I always felt different, 
And misunderstood,
(I've since learned LOTS of people feel this way)
And my sister, she is so confident.

She can be sarcastic, the same as some of the best people I have ever met,
And an old soul, wise beyond her years. 
One time she said to me,
"You don't have to understand me; just love me."

It is so simple, yet so profound. 
So hard to practice, yet easy to say. 
She never thinks she is above anyone,
But understands more than she says.

She's not who I would have chosen,
And I am sure I'm not what she would have chosen.
But somehow, for some reason, God chose us to be sisters.
May God fulfill His purpose in both of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment