Monday, November 29, 2021

The One Who Prepares

The One Who Knows Me Less (not true anymore)
Has played therapist with her husband for a long time.
For a long time I have played therapist with my Smartest Friend,
Who had a good interview today and will be moving soon.

My brother is mad at me, and my parents are too 
(Though my father sounded a lot like my mother.)
I get where I went wrong - I should have prioritized when I was with them;
But I do not regret going out when I did.

My sister and brother-in-law coming was a love song to me,
One that I so cherish even though the timing was not perfect.
That is because I lack discernment.
And like my mom, get excited over things I shouldn't.

From here, I don't know what the future holds.
I just know I need to hold the hand of the One who made me,
The One who has been moving fast for quite some time now,
The One Who Prepares those - who will listen - for everything. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment