Friday, October 9, 2020

It's Hard To Say Goodbye

Today was the last full day at my current job,
The first real office job I ever had.
It has been amazing, even during the frustrating moments,
And in many ways I am not ready to move on.

I never felt like it was my final job,
Though in this time I was not eager to move on;
God can be funny like that - 
Shaking our worlds when we least expect or want it.

At least I am still working there part time for now,
And my boss has been amazing.
I've let her in more in the past two weeks than ever before,
Probably because I finally feel like I can.

I've been there almost four years -
The longest same job I've ever had.
I always wanted to be the person who was at a job 10+ years,
But so far that has yet to happen.

Am I making a mistake?
In the depths of my soul, I know I am not,
Though my emotions definitely think so.
I just desire and need to be wherever God wants me.



No comments:

Post a Comment