Thursday, October 17, 2019

She Prayed For Us

She prayed for us always, she told me quite often,
Everyone in her family - and others too.
She even called out to God in the middle of the night.

There were two kids, two daughter-in-laws
Six grand kids - five of whom are girls,
And three great grand children by the end.

It is now bereavement leave,
And my sister and brother-in-law came in,
Making this more real than ever before.

Saturday will be an early journey,
One I will never really be prepared for.
She made an impression on so many souls, no one can count.

As I sat at the hairdressers today,
She reminded me that we will all see each other again,
But it doesn't take the sting out of the moment.

Only Jesus saves. I wish everyone would know -
So many would love God if they only knew what He is really like -
Not what mass media or even the church portrays.

That was always my grandma's message -
No matter how convoluted, no matter the generation.
In the end, God loves you, and wants you to let Him in.


No comments:

Post a Comment