Saturday, April 6, 2019

The Week of The Birthdays

Since one of my friends turned 30 this week,
We celebrated part 1 Tuesday night.
It was a blast, even though I had to work the next day,
And it was fun relaxing and hanging out.

One of my friends had a birthday Thursday,
And last night three of us went out to celebrate.
A night of dinner and drinks, selfies and fun,
Made it worth not making the 5k this morning.

My friend who turns 30 has part 2 tonight,
And a birthday vacation in June that will be part 3.
It will be a blast, though I am a little partied out,
Because as hard as I can party, I need down time too.

I had a work happy hour to stop at yesterday,
As I organized it, being the self appointed social chair,
And I only missed the 5k this morning,
Because we got back so late - at 3am.

I still need to give my friend from last night
Her birthday gift, which is still in my car,
And I wish I had gotten more alone time with her,
As I do not trust the other friend she invited.

Last night a friend of a friend celebrated her birthday,
But though I was invited I was already celebrating with my one friend.
And we stayed by one of the shopping areas all night,
Where I learned the friend I don't trust has anxiety issues too.


No comments:

Post a Comment