Monday, April 13, 2015

Sometimes I Wonder

The two friends who fight should not be together,
As much as I hate to admit it,
And as much as I enjoyed our time as a threesome,
They are toxic to each other.

But sometimes now I feel caught in the middle,
Like the child of divorced parents,
And I wonder if they want to spend time with me for me,
Or if they are just trying to spite the other.

They are not my moms,
And I am an adult.
And I recognize that it is more complicated than that,
But sometimes I really hate their competition.

Because their relationship is not over,
Even though they are not "friends".
And I would warn them both to be careful,
No matter if they think I am taking sides with them or not.

I am not trying to take sides.
I try to be careful about expressing frustration with one to the other,
And I know they both like me separate from spiting the other.
But sometimes it still feels like they are just using me.


No comments:

Post a Comment