Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Kiddie Blues

I was all set for a job this summer
Nannying for two school-age kids.
But then all of a sudden it wasn't for all summer
But scattered here and there.

At first I thought it was just their dad
Who is coming from another state to visit them.
But when I got the schedule in my email
And I found out no,
It was just that she had another girl added
Who she hadn't told me about
But who I was going to "share" my job with.

Then I thought, maybe it's another young adult
Who is as desperate for work as I am.
But then I found out no,
It's the teenage girl of the school superintendent,
In the family with all the perks
Just because of their position in the school.

To say I am mad is an understatement.
Because this situation,
That I found out in this way,
Is just rude and unsettling.


No comments:

Post a Comment